McParland, Edward. ‘A Note on George II and St. Stephens Green.’, Eighteenth-century Ireland/Iris an dá chultúr, Vol. 2 (1987), pp 187-195.
In 1758, the equestrian statue of George II was unveiled in the centre of St. Stephens Green. This article discusses the aesthetics, modelling, and erection of the statue and its eventual destruction by a bomb in 1937. Included are a photograph and a drawing of the statue as well as plans of the layout of St. Stephens Green from the 1750s to the present day.