Time for another round-up of all of the useful resources, databases, blogs, heritage sites, libraries, archives and websites that have been mentioned on the blog over the last eight weeks. New additions to the list are in bold. Once again, many thanks to everyone who contributed to this list in the comment section of various posts.
- 18C American Women.
- Come Here to Me.
- Cúrsaí Staire.
- Early Modern England.
- Georgian London.
- The Daniel Defoe Blog.
- The East End.
- The Georgian Bawdyhouse.*
- The History Fox.
- The Long Eighteenth.
- Two Nerdy History Girls.
- Castletown House, Co. Kildare.
- No. 5 Vicars’ Hill Museum, Armagh.
- Shandy Hall, North Yorkshire, UK.
- Sir John Soane’s Museum, London, UK.
- St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin.
- The Chester Beatty Library, Dublin.
- Armagh Public Library, Armagh.
- Cardinal Tomás Ó Fiaich Library, Armagh.
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania, US.
- John Rylands Library, Manchester, UK.
- Lewis Walpole Library, US.
- National Archives, UK.
- British History Online.
- Corpus of Electronic Texts (CELT).
- Irish Traditional Music Archive.
- Lewis Walpole Library Digital Images Collection.
- National Inventory of Architectural Heritage.
- Philosophical Transactions (1665-1940s).
- Project Gutenberg.
- South Dublin County Libraries.
- South Dublin County Public Art.
- South Sea Bubble Resources in the Kress Collection at Baker Library.
- The Gazette (London, Edinburgh & Belfast Gazettes).
- The Loeber’s Guide to Irish Fiction.
- The Old Bailey Online.
- The Session.
- Wellcome Images.
Full Text Books/Pamphlets/Articles
- Fisher, Sydney George, The true William Penn (Philadelphia, 1899).
- Gilbert, J.T. (ed), A Jacobite narrative of the war in Ireland (2010).
- Hodges, George, William Penn (Cambridge, 1901).
- Holland, Rupert, William Penn (New York, 1915).
- Hughs, Mary, The life of William Penn (Philadelphia, 1828).
- Madden, R. R., The life and times of Robert Emmet, Esq (1847).
- Malcolm, Elizabeth, ‘Anne Devlin: the heroine as laundress?’, History Ireland, vol. 6, no. 4 (1998).
- Mant, Richard, History of the Church of Ireland, vol. i (1840).
- Mant, Richard, History of the Church of Ireland, vol. ii (1840).
- Penn, William, A Memoir of William Penn (Philadelphia, 1870).
- Penn, William, My Irish Journal, 1669-1670(2013).
- Swift, Jonathan, A modest proposal for preventing the children of poor people in Ireland, from being a burden on their parents or country, and for making them beneficial to the publick (1729).
- A Survey of the City, Harbour, Bay and Environs of Dublin on the same Scale as those of London, Paris & Rome / by John Rocque, … ; J. J. Perret sculp.t ; G. Smith delin. ; To His Royal Highness Prince Edward (London, 1757), available from Gallica.
- Modern Plan Of The City And Environs Of Dublin (1798).
- The Province of Ulster Surveyed By Sr. William Petty : Divided into its Counties and the Counties into their serevall Barronies, Wherein are distinghished the Archbishopricks, Bishopricks, Citys, Places that return Parliament Men, also the Roads and Bridges (London, 1689), available from Gallica.
Please note that links marked with an asterisk were unavailable when checked on 6 August 2014. If they are still unavailable at the time of the next round-up post they will be removed.